CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Thoughts: Daughter of the Stars



This book was very G/PG rated compared to most books I read (don't judge me). It was an easy read, but there wasn't much happening. It was about a woman who knew nothing of her family or past because her mother moved when she was very young away from everything and refused to tell her anything. Now that woman is at least 30 and she still doesn't know anything - even her father's name! That seemed a little ridiculous to me, but that's because I would have done some research if I felt like a part of me was missing by not knowing (which she did).

Anyways, this book revolved around the girl finally meeting some of her long lost family and trying to piece together the scandal that frightened her mother away so many years before. It, honestly, wasn't all that interesting of a scandal. I felt like there needed to be more, but, hey, to each their own. I guess I'm just used to more action/adventure.

And yes, there was some ridiculous love interest. I hate when they barely know eachother to "omg! we're in love!" That just makes me sick because that's not life.

I think I need to read more believable stories to make sure my connection to the real world doesn't diminish, but I want to finish off this bag of books that my mother-in-law let me borrow.


(Yes... I secretly do love the ridiculous-ness of these stories. Don't judge me)

0 comments: