CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 2, 2010

Potluck #1

The mister and I went to a potluck BBQ at the park this weekend with some family. Did anyone else notice that dreaded word - potluck???? Clearly these people don't know me well enough if they expect me to make something edible to share with everyone else. I have no idea what they were thinking.

I pondered and pondered what I could possibly make. I know I said I wanted to learn to cook, but debuting my first dish like this in front of so many people was a little..... overwhelming. It was in the dead of summer so we expected hot weather. A cold pasta salad seems like an appropriate dish right? I googled a few different things and came up with a Greek pasta salad.

After 45 minutes wandering the aisles at the grocery store, I finally made it out of there with pretty much all the ingredients I was going to need. I went home and chopped, sliced, minced (I actually had to look up what it meant to mince - don't judge) until I had what faintly resembled food. All I had to do was refrigerate it and then top it with cheese and fresh oregano leaves. I was quite impressed with myself.



As far as I know, it tasted like food too! I actually don't like pasta salad so I just had a few bites, but it was cleaned out at the potluck. Woo hoo!

Check out the recipe I used here: Greek Pasta Salad

0 comments: